Costa Rica It is a country where it's safe to own land, even if you are not a citizen. Costa Rica's constitution guaranties that every person, citizen or not, has the right to own land. Property in Costa Rica is surveyed and registered in its national registry showing its physical description and chain of title thereby allowing a would-be buyer to ascertain what type of property it is and who owns it.
- Costa Rica is a tropical paradise. Year around temperatures average in the 80's (27 C) to a max in the low 90's (33 C) with comfortable nights (60's).
- Costa Rica is only 2 hours away by air from different Florida cities and 4.5 hours away from major west coast cities. Several American airline companies such as United, Continental and American hold daily flights to both of Costa Rica's international airports, located in San Jose and Liberia.
- Now is the time to invest in Costa Rican real estate. Due to the situation of North American real estate market, which has already reached its peak point, Costa Rica’s real estate is just beginning to rise. In many cases, available properties can appreciate 3 or 4 times before reaching the price of comparable property values in the U.S and Canada.
- Plenty of vacation activities are available for all ages in Costa Rica. These activities include both recreational and adventurous ones. They include surfing, fishing, skiing, sailing, golfing, kayaking, hiking, biking, gambling, rafting, horse back riding, animal watching, zipping (canopy), and much more.
- Pre construction developments provide investors with an opportunity to get in early at a discounted price, therefore maximizing the potential of equity gain. These developments include high-rise condominiums, single family homes, and more.
- Annual property taxes are low in Costa Rica compared to the ones in North America. In addition, currently there is no taxation on capital gain in Costa Rica.
- Title Insurance in Costa Rica is available and provided by several companies. These companies are protecting the investors by making sure that acquired properties do not have any liens on them, and provide a safety net for the property owners.
- Financing is provided to non-residence investors through several local banks, such as Banex, Cascatlan, and more. These banks offer up to 80% financing, competitive interest rates, and standard U.S paperwork, making it very user friendly to foreigners.
- Buy discretely by forming a corporation. By doing that, your name will never appear and you can stay anonymous.